It's her simple outlook on life and her successful capture of the everyday ordinariness that made us love her simple yet powerful TV commercials (especially Petronas')s and her multiple award-winning films like Sepet, Gubra and Talentime.
Yasmin How You Know contains anecdotes contributed by her closest friends, colleagues and soul mates sewn together beautifully that could make you want to cry, laugh and miss Kak Yasmin (and secretly wishing she could be your boss).
All of us could definitely learn from her work ethics. Despite her rise in the advertising and film industry, she didn't lose sight of her authentic self and constantly reminding her peers to look within when writing their TV commercial script or presenting to big clients.
There are much to share, but here are my top 10 favorite quotes from the book:
1. "Thank God that you are able to breathe, eat, drink, think, pangsai, fart."
2. "Do work not for awards. Do it honestly."
3. "[...] Love is simple and easy. Only people complicate it."
4. "And to write about life, you must have a life"
5. "Do not look down on those below you. And don't fear those above you."
6. "The best way to write a script is from your own life experiences."
7. "Work hard, pray hard and be kind to your parents and do a lot of sedekah but don't tell anyone."
8. "Trust your feelings. Be a sharp observer of your feelings and your surroundings. Then you'll be ok."
9. "So, let's be happy, let's work with happy people and not forget that we work because of Allah, so let's do something that would make us happy."
10. "Use your Zen heart to handle the client."
YOUR SAY: Have your read the book? Which part do you love? What's your favorite quote from the book? Share it with me in the comment box!
*NEW* The motivationMY Show